Health & Safety
A business is under a moral obligation to ensure that its employees work in a safe and healthy environment and Brown McFarlane is committed to a rigorous and comprehensive health and safety business management system. The company is proud to have been awarded certification for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems to BS OHSAS 18001 and is subject to annual audits from third party inspectors to keep this certification.
Brown McFarlane’s latest assessment score of 91% has been recognised by its external assessors as the highest in its industrial sector and its systems and their implementation are held up as examples for others to follow.
The management system concentrates on a number of key areas:
- Proactive approach to health and safety through preventative action and training of employees.
- Manual handling – review all steel handling processes and operations to reduce risk levels.
- Working at height – review all working at height operations to reduce risk.
- Accidents – reduce number of accidents year by year.
- Suppliers and sub-contractors – grant preferred supplier status to those demonstrating a commitment to health and safety
We are determined that our business units should offer the safest and healthiest working environment possible for every employee and all of our visitors and suppliers.
ISO 18001 Occupational Health & Safety
Click below or on the thumbnail to download our ISO 18001 certificate in a PDF format.