International Sales Executive
Reporting to: Regional Commercial Manager
Brown McFarlane Group
The Brown McFarlane Group operates on an International platform with its head office residing in Stoke-on-Trent, UK. With commercial teams focused upon regions around the world, skilled in a range of carbon and stainless steel plate material from its vast stockholding facilities covering markets in oil and gas, mining and energy; the sales team in our Export division now needs to strengthen the team by appointing an International Sales Executive.
Responsible for the ongoing account management and business development in specific international markets. You will be required to indentify new opportunities and visit overseas clients in order to develop key relationships, increase sales and maximize revenue.
What does the job involve?
Principal remit for this role is to develop and manage existing client’s needs and to maximise sales and revenue.
- Develop new core business customers, requiring Carbon and Stainless Steel plate products from group stocks.
- Compile and respond with quotations to enquiries received.
- Build and promote client relations which lead to an improved supply chain partnership to include regular visits to overseas clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiate with senior decision makers
- Retain and develop strong commercial relationships with clients within your specified country
- Attend regular update meetings with the Regional Commercial Manager
- Identify new business opportunities through strategically mapping markets, regarding companies, products and services
- Close orders and expand the portfolio of clients within your country of responsibility
- Regularly visit clients and prospects
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure orders are processed and completed in timeframes acceptable to the client
- Attend relevant overseas trade shows and events in order to gather new leads and promote the Brown McFarlane brand
- Contribute towards marketing communications
- To undertake such other duties commensurate with the grading of the post, this may be determined from time to time.
Given our International presence, normal working days can vary in the different countries we operate in; therefore the contracted hours are set by each local operation in order to allow the sales team to be most effective. The sales team normally operates on full working days between 8.45am and 5 pm Monday to Thursday and 8.45am to 3.45pm on a Friday.
The basic annual salary is subject to the candidates experience and qualifications. We offer a contributory company pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, laptop and mobile also provided.
What about you?
The position will ideally suit an International sales professional with at least 4 years experience within a similar steel based industry. This position awaits a sales focussed individual who enjoys working for a fast expanding, business focussed employer, providing great challenges and opportunities in a continually changing and developing environment.
We are looking for someone who is exceptionally well organised, who has & can demonstrate an ability to work within a very busy, target driven commercial environment.
Someone who thrives on winning sales, has extensive experience within the Carbon steel plate industry; whilst delivering a first class customer support, and supply chain partnership.
This role has now been fulfilled.